Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stupid Doctor Moments From This Week....

I was at PT this week when two young attractive men employees were going for my file to guide me through my PT. Here's how that conversation went...

Them: Oh, I was going to get that...well, I got here first. Ok, you take it.

Me: Well, you know you guys can fight over me....

Insert dead silence here....crickets tweeting....my self-esteem hitting the floorMe: Uhm, no, huh?

Them: Well, we don't want your ego to get too big now do we....

Ouch!!

*******************************************************

Later that week....

Me: I'd rather be having a margarita than having a shoulder massage.

Him: What? Don't you like me?

Me: Uhm who didn't fight for me earlier this week?

I love karma....

********************************************************

Proof positive I need a a new filter installed between my mouth and my brain...

I took my shoe off because my ankle was bothering me. I put it on the table. As he was pulling the stim pads off my shoulder I was trying to turn around enough to grab my shoe...he was standing right behind me.

Me: Flailing all over trying to grab my shoe from behind me with a back that hurts when I turn...

Him: Here's your shoe...

Me: God, thank you! I was sure I was going to end up grabbing you...and that would have been bad...

I should have promptly grabbed my shoe and stuffed it in my mouth.

**********************************************************

Twice a week I get my shoulder taped. I have to move my arm according to directions as he applies the tape...it's really quite cool to think that tape can retrain your muscles.

Me: Ok, I remember I have to do all this funky moving of my arm.

Him: Just do what I tell you!

Me: Uhm, that's what he said...

At which point we both burst out laughing....

No comments: