Sunday, March 7, 2010

So Long....Farewell!!

Today we finally said farewell to my scooters and put them in the attic. It's been about 3 weeks since I've been back on my feet and it's getting easier everyday.

So as I bid a fond adieu to my recent best-friends (sorry, Sarah) I will leave you with this story.

About 3 weeks into my recuperation Joe and I were joking around and picking on each other, as tends to happen when this starts one of us pushes until the other is screaming for mercy.

Turns out this time Joe managed to push me. I looked at him and said, "you better watch out, I'll hit you with a frying pan while your sleeping tonight."

He then turned to me with a big smile on his face and said, "How will this work? Will you carry yourself down the steps, grab a pan, climb back up the steps, roll across the floor, run into the door with your scooter (of course taking a chunk out of the wall), back up over your foot and as your saying a choice few 4 letter words then run over the cat?"

By this time my mouth is on the floor and he continues while giggling..."by the time you get to the bed you will be ready for a nap, so you'll catch a quick40 winks...and I'm pretty sure by that time I will hear you coming and be ready for you."

And I had to hand it to him, for the next 4 weeks he was safe but watch out when I learn to tip-toe again because my big Le Creuset pot has his name written ALL over it!

8 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Awesome! I love it!

Living It, Loving It said...

Lady, you are absolutely insane and your husband - well, he is your equal.

Melisa Wells said...

Hilarious!

And congrats on this milestone! :)

WarmSocks said...

:D
Congratulations on your improved mobility!

Flea said...

So has you cat grown its hair back and come out of hiding?

Unknown said...

You two are hilarious. :)

I am so jealous you have a Le Creuset pot that can be used on your husband. They are on my "wish list".

Moll said...

Hahahaha. Funny! So glad the scooter is gone!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! Hubby and I seem to have a similar marriage - some days I think it is the only thing that keeps us together!