Monday, September 17, 2012

This Gimp Gets A Life...

When I turned 40 a couple of years ago some good friends gave me a journal to write in. Now we all know I spill my guts on the internet, so I decided to write more of a bucket list in this book. I wrote my list, promptly put it in the drawer and completely forgot it for the past two years.

Today as I thought about making a few lists I needed to keep track of before the end of the year I pulled out the journal, wiped the two inches of dust off (ok, slight exaggeration...I do have a house cleaner...though she doesn't clean in my drawers, probably a good thing) and started to read my list. Imagine my surprise when I was actually able to cross about half the list off.

For someone who spends an overwhelming amount of time in bed, I managed to accomplish a lot more than I thought I had. Yay me! It's easy to feel like I'm a waste of air some days when all I do is lay around waiting for it to be time for my next allotment of meds but writing this down really excited me to know that even when life hands me lemons, I'm figuring out how to make a 4 course meal with them.

At some point, I came back and also wrote about things I had learned in the past 2 years....I don't remember doing this but had quite the giggle at a few of them....here are a few of the gems I have learned...

Sometimes you have to forgive people, even if they are assholes...

You can have an opinion, you just don't have to share it with everyone...(see how well I'm doing with this one)

I learn the hard way...

Well, at least I'm learning...even if it is the hard way. This time, I will take it as a win!!


No comments: